Do you dream of having your own camping or campervan site, on the side of a mountain, surrounded by forest, with an 80km sunset view??!
We are happy to offer our front paddock at Callicoma Hill Eco-cabin as a private camping spot, with its breathtaking views over Lake St Clair and the Hunter Valley. We're very close to Mt Royal National Park, which is part of the Barrington wilderness. We are 50km north of Singleton.
There's no electricity or water, and no other amenities, although we can offer a bit of nearby shade from our shed & old apple trees.
We only take one booking at a time, so the site will be all yours.
But there are some conditions!
1. You MUST have your own toilet onboard.
2. You need to take your own rubbish away.
3. You need to be quiet campers - this is not a party site! No motorbikes, generators, speakers or loud music.
4. The type of caravan / campervan allowed will depend on the ground conditions at the time. Light vehicles / vans preferred.
5. You need to organise it with us by phone.
The cost is $50 for the site per night, with a maximum of 8 people.
We generally require some notice, and it won't be available all the time, especially if the ground is wet. However it may be available at short notice, esp during January 2022.
Please give us a call! - 02 6571 1208. Please leave a message if we are out.
We also have a 'traditional' group camping area, in your own forest clearing (with a camp kitchen and bathroom), and 10 bed off-grid bunkhouse - see Mt Royal Camping.
And we also offer an off-grid 3 bedroom self contained eco-cabin
Here are some photos of friends who stayed on a perfect summer weekend. We love their retro teardrop van... (Thanks G & K for modelling for us!).